Pages

Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Haste makes waste, but so do the knitting gremlins

Remember during my last post when I showed you the bright red socks I was knitting for the Hubby? Here, I'll refresh your memory.
Looks totally innocent, right? 

Well, I'm knitting along on them, just enjoying the heck out of the fact that I'm just about done.  I love my husband, but knitting plain old stockinette socks makes me want to scream. Anyway, I'm knitting along, I hold the one sock up to the other to see if I'm ready to start the toe.  Lo and behold, yes, it appeared I was, indeed, ready to start the toe. So I did all of the decreases and grafted all my stitches together.  I tossed them to my husband who held them up and showed them to me.  The sock I had just bound off was a solid half inch shorter than the other sock! 

In that very moment, I wanted to weep. I was frustrated. I apologized over and over again to my husband. (In hindsight, I'm not sure why I did that... it wasn't as if he was DEMANDING these socks.  I made them because I love him and want his feet to be warm.) 

I begrudgingly ripped out the toe and re-knit the foot.  While all of this frogging and re-knitting was occurring, I may have said some not-so-nice things to my dog, Beaker who just wanted to sit on mommy's lap while she was knitting.

So instead of starting a sweater, I finished a sock twice yesterday and here they are now. 

Ta da!

And now I get to start my sweater.  Which is also... red. I'm sensing a theme here.

Thanks for reading,
Care

No comments:

Post a Comment