This year, in addition to my own goals, my husband and I have a joint goal: eliminate as much processed food as possible. This means that we are trying to eat things that we prepared with our own hands. For example: If I want to have bread, instead of just buying a loaf of bread at the store, I will take the time to make my own bread. Our hope is that this connects us more to what we are putting into our bodies which in turn, makes us feel better physically.
Last night for dinner, we had roasted chicken and a winter vegetable medley (carrots, parsnips and brussels sprouts.)
Yum!
In an effort to be healthier AND save money, I'm using the left over chicken carcass to make a homemade stock for future dishes.
Since we are currently getting freezing rain here at the house, I'm snuggled under a blanket with Beaker and I'm working on my own personal goals for 2014 (most of which involve knitting.) As soon as I get them sorted out, I'll share them!
Thanks for reading,
Care

No comments:
Post a Comment